Friday, March 24, 2006

The Sugar Solution

I am going to try out a new diet. It is based on the glycemic index of foods. Everything I've been reading in this book is striking a chord with me. On the front of the book are phrases like, Memory lapses? Mood swings? Weight Issues? Mental fuzziness? All of these apply to me. Especially the memory lapses and mental fuzziness! I think I must be insulin resistant. Hopefully the tips in this book will turn things around for me.

Maybe mental fuzziness was my excuse for almost knocking myself out today. I was unloading a wheelchair from my bus and it was pouring down rain. I had my hood from my jacket on and it was in my eyes. I know I have to duck when I go out the lift door, but today for some reason, I didn't duck enough. I hit the top of my head squarely on the top of the lift door. Yow that hurt! I think I said "Dad burn it." I hope that was all I said! I literally saw stars. My head is still sore tonight.

No comments: