Thursday, March 30, 2006

Why can't I do the things I know are right?

I'm having a Saint Paul kind of day! The kind where he says he knows what he should do but doesn't do it. I'm reading the Sugar Solution while I eat chocolate chips. Is there irony in there someplace?I know all the things I need to do to stay healthy. Why don't I do them? I know I should get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, eat lots of fiber, fruit, and vegetables and a little protein and dairy. Leave the refined sugars alone. That's it in a nutshell. So why can't I get motivated to change what I'm doing? Am I waiting for a heart attack or stroke that I think I'll somehow survive? Maybe I'd like to have diabetes!

Is anybody out there that would like to help me get motivated and accountable? I'll take suggestions please!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Maybe you need hypnosis. I am doing these arbonne shakes and they are kind of gross with just water but with extra fruit and milk they are actually pretty good. It is about changing your mentality about when you eat. Not that I can really say anything since I "know" all the right things but don't practice them either. I have lost 2 pounds this week though with the shakes.