Monday, May 08, 2006

It's My Birthday!!

Hey it's my birthday! I've attained the age of 54. Someone asked me today if I felt okay. I told them I felt wonderful. I woke up this morning and I was still breathing! Some days I really feel old---maybe even older than I am. When I walk down the stairs in the morning, you can hear my knees crunching with every step. My knees don't really hurt, they just have sound effects now.

I've never had a problem telling people my age. Maybe it's because when people guess, they always think I'm older. Now I tell them before they open their mouth and insult me. If they think I'm lying, then it's their problem.

As I get older, I just thank God for every day that he gives me. He's been so generous with the time He's given me on this earth. I hope He blesses me with a much longer life. I still have lots of things I want to do here and I'd like to see my grandchildren grow up.

But if you call, and I'm not here, don't think I'm pushing up daisies just yet. I'm probably at the golf course working on my putting, chipping and pitching!

No comments: