Saturday, June 10, 2006

Vacation!!!!

Yesterday was my first full day of vacation. I actually slept in until 5:30 am! I love the early morning time when the birds are singing and everybody else is still sleeping. I can have my quiet time and have my coffee and newspaper before everybody else wakes up.

I had to have Ally at school at 8:00 am for graduation practice , so after I dropped her off, I called my girlfriend, Donna, and took her out to breakfast. Then we headed to Fairfield to a quilt shop, where I signed up for the quilt block of the month club. I've never made a quilt in my life, so it's time I started. After we visited another quilt shop and a scrapbook store, I dropped her off and picked up Ally. The two of us finished the food shopping for her party and then I got to come home and watch Oprah and Dr. Phil. I met my husband at the door when he came home from work with the question, "Where are you taking me for dinner because the fridge is full and we don't have any room to store leftovers. Chinese was really good last night.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention, when I got home from my play day, there was a messege on my answering machine from my boss asking me to come to work. I'm still laughing about that one!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yeah for vacations!! :0)