Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Italy on my Mind!

My darling hubby and I have always talked about taking a wonderful trip when we have been married 25 years. About a month ago we were discussing the fact that we will be married 10 years this coming March. I suddenly looked at him and said, "Do you realize when we've been married 25 years, that you will be 75 and I will be 70?" "We might not feel like taking a big trip at that age!" Well we got right on it and got creative with our money and we are going to Italy next summer. I know it's a long time until next June, but I am so excited and thrilled about even the planning that I'm almost beside myself.

We've been looking at the possiblities of this trip, from planning everything ourselves and going independantly, or going on an organized tour. Our biggest fear of going independantly is that we will spend too much time each day with the "what do you want to do syndrome". We are starting to think that we are probably the organized tour kind of people. We've been researching different tour companies like, Rick Steves' Europe Through the Back Door, Insight tours, Globus tours, and Trafalger. The one we would really like to take is Rick Steves, but we just can't afford that one. I think we will be booking through AAA and going on an Insight tour. They cover a lot of stuff. Just thinking about seeing the Sistine Chapel, Michaelangelo's David and the Pieta, Florence and Venice gives me the chills.

I also bought a language program in Italian and DH and I plan on learning as much of the language as we can before we go. I'll keep you updated on everything as we go along.
Arrivederci!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sounds like fun! Can we come too? :0)