Thursday, November 16, 2006

Pre-Holiday Excitement

I have two days left at work before I get a week off for Thanksgiving. All the kids on my bus are getting antsy and so am I. I'm sitting here composing this as I listen to Steven Curtis Chapman singing Christmas carols. I love this time of year. Getting together with family we don't see very often. Being in the kitchen and baking sweet, good things that smell so good. Listening to Christmas carols and watching the Charlie Brown specials on tv. Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and watching Miracle on 34th St.(the orginal with Natalie Wood, Maureen O'Hara, John Payne and Edmund Gwenn.) It's just the best.

Darling hubby is chomping at the bit to put up the Christmas decorations. He started checking his light strings the other night. At this rate we will have everything done before Thanksgiving. I love the little stable on the front lawn with Mary and Joseph and Baby Jesus. Hopefully, when people see it, it makes them think of the real reason for the season and all the joy that goes with it.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yeah!!! You are done until after Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful time. I know all the food will be yummy! We have been listening to Christmas music here for the last couple of days too!