Sunday, September 14, 2008

Going to Tea

I have a close friend that I love to go to tea with. We try to do it as often as we can and we have a favorite tea house. It's called An Afternoon to Remember and it's in Newcastle. They have very good food there and the atmosphere is very relaxing. My friend, D and I went to tea yesterday. We hadn't seen each other in a couple of weeks because of my work schedule and we were just having a great time talking and catching up on each other's lives. The tea was lovely and just as good as any other time we've been there. After tea we decided to hit some of the antique and junk stores in the area. We went to one across from the tea house and when we got in the car, D said I think I just ripped my pants. Oh boy, did she! They didn't rip in the seam, instead she had a rip about 6 inches long right along the pocket of her pants. We laughed so hard. Do you think it stopped us from shopping? Nope. We hit the Hospice thrift store next and she wrapped a blanket around her waist that she had in her trunk and we went inside where she bought a long skirt. It matched her shirt perfectly.

We have so much fun together and we can get ourselves in trouble in those antique and junk stores. I restrained myself and only bought one tea cup and saucer, and a collector spoon rack that I've been searching for. The spoon rack was only $4.00, so I think I really got a bargain on that. I picked up a couple of other things but decided I didn't really need them. D is my partner in crime when it comes to shopping, sewing and just having fun.

Here are some pictures of our outing to The French Bakery in Lafayette, Ca.





2 comments:

Karen said...

Looks like fun! Glad she was able to find a skirt to wear! I would have been laughing too!

Tealovinglady said...

Just came across this old post of yours about our tea outings and antiquing. What fun we had! Even the ripped pants didn't keep us from having a great time. I sure wish you were still here to get in "trouble" with!