Thursday, September 11, 2008

I love my job!

This year I have a great route with wonderful children and parents. One of the best parts of my job is that I get to see the sunrise every morning. It's so beautiful and it helps me remember who is in control. I also get to pick up kids in the country. I love seeing the wildlife while I'm driving. This morning there was a doe and her fawn running down the hill towards the road. The doe jumped the fence that separated the field from the road but the fawn was too little and ran along the fence looking for a place to get out. Mama continued on to the next field not realizing that she'd left her little one behind. Just as the fawn found a place to get out, mama came running back. As soon as she saw the fawn was safely on her side of the road she took off with him flying behind her.

I picked up my kids and all of a sudden we saw 6 hot air balloons above us. Napa Balloons have been in the area all week. Today they were flying right along my route and just as I went to pick up my last student, one landed in a field right behind his house. The kids were so excited and I must admit I really wished that I had my camera. I drove a little slower so they could see the balloon being deflated and told them that the van that picks up the people from the balloon is called a balloon chaser. They also could see the flatbed truck that the basket and deflated balloon would be loaded on. They talked about it all the way to school and I'm sure they had a lot to tell their teacher. It was a great morning.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see pictures!

AmyRuth said...

Welcome to TWD. Loved your balloon story. I live in mid-Missouri, where we often see hot air balloons and about this time of year they are plentiful. We have very mild weather right now and sunny for their trips.
AmyRuth