Tuesday, September 16, 2008

{TWD} Chocolate Chunkers

This is my first post and my first attempt at baking with the group. Chocolate Chunkers are brought to you by Claudia of "Fool for Food."

I decided to do this project today while I had a day off from work. I'm glad I did because it seemed like a time consuming recipe. First I assembled my ingredients.



I mixed my dry ingredients and chopped my unsweetened chocolate.



Then I started melting my bittersweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate, and butter.





Next I mixed my eggs, sugar and vanilla.





Then I added the rest of my ingredients. I thought that we might not like the raisins so I used dried cherries. Yummy!





Voila! The finished cookie. They aren't very attractive but they are very tasty and addictive. I'm taking what's left to work tomorrow, cause I could easily gain a lot of weight baking every week.



I really had a lot of fun doing these cookies and I learned some things about baking that I didn't know.

4 comments:

Karen said...

They look great mom! :) Cherries sound really good in them. I am taking the rest of mine to give to the other volunteers at school today.

Tealovinglady said...

Excuse me!! Where or where are the cookies I was promised????

I think you know who this is....

n.o.e said...

Thank goodness for work - great place to foist off those extra baked goods. Love your blue KA! Glad you liked these.
Nancy

Barbara said...

Welcome to TWD! Glad you liked these.

Yes, with TWD you'll need to send lots of stuff into work. Or make only a fraction of the recipe. Or gain a lot of weight! Hope you enjoy it!