Tuesday, September 30, 2008

{TWD} Creme Brulee



This recipe was brought to you by Mari of Mevrouw Cupcake.

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at how easy this recipe was to complete. I've wanted to make Creme Brulee for a long time and I had even gone so far as to get the Creme Brulee kit from Bed Bath and Beyond, but I was afraid to make it. I don't know why.

Dori's directions were so clear that it made it really simple. My family loved it. It was so creamy and the sugar crust was perfect. I used regular sugar on Mike's but I had some flavored sugar to use on the rest of them. I had a Praline flavored sugar and my daughter had Cappacino. It was delicious. This is really a five star recipe.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Looks great mom! :) Glad you liked it!

Sweet Charity said...

Glad you found it so easy!!
Flavoured sugar sounds like an awesome idea.
Char

SiHaN said...

flavored sugar.. that's a great idea! were the flavors really prominent doing so?

Debbie said...

Yes the flavored sugar gave it an extra kick. I think I bought it at Bed Bath and Beyond but it was quite a while ago. Probably you could find it in specialty kitchen stores.

DanielleBilton said...

mm, flavored sugar is a great idea! i will definitely be trying that next time. Great job!