Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tickled Pink

This past Friday night, after the visit to Kaiser, I went to Tickled Pink. It was an overnight at the Hampton Inn to make a quilt to raise money for the Relay for Life. It was sponsored by our local quilt shop, A Quilted Heart, and the Sunrise Rotary Club. We had 45 women in their pajamas with sewing machines all making a quilt square for the quilt to be auctioned off. Outback catered our dinner and we had stuff to eat all night long provided by various people. We played bingo at midnight and I won a round. I won a quilt book with some great patterns for different quilts made for Quilt Pink. It was a great night and I actually made it until 4:15 am before I went and took a nap for an hour.

Thanks to the Quilted Heart and the Sunrise Rotary Club for providing such a great time to come together and do something for Cancer Research.
By the way, if you haven't had your mammogram, what are you waiting for!

No comments: