Wednesday, October 08, 2008

{TWD} Chocolate Peanut Caramel Cake 2

I felt better this afternoon so I went ahead and made the cake. Here's what it looks like.







I waited until it was completely cool before I put on the caramel and nuts and then waited until it was completely cool before cutting it, so I didn't get that pool of caramel. It was really good. How does everyone continue to bake each week and not gain lots of weight? I may have to quit because I don't know if I can keep doing this and not gain a ton of weight.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Looks good mom! Glad yours didn't run all over the place after getting that pan out of the cabinet!

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

Looks good!

Annette said...

Looks good! My caramel pooled. Yours is perfect. I've started sharing my baked goodies with my family. My neighbors will be next. If I can freeze it (like cookies) I do.

Barbara said...

That looks lovely!

So far I've managed not to gain weight with TWD by:
1) making less (half the recipe, or even less)
2) freezing if possible
3) giving stuff away
4) smaller portions and only one serving a day!