Tuesday, October 21, 2008

{TWD} Pumpkin Muffins

This recipe was brought to you by Kelly of Sounding My Barbaric Gulp.

I didn't think this recipe would go over very well at my house either. Darling Hubby hates anything pumpkin but he did try one when I requested that he take a bite. He ate half a muffin. I gave about half of them to my youngest two daughters, who will eat anything now that they are out on their own and starving! I found out that I really liked these. I added the mini chocolate chips and walnuts. I was going to add golden raisins but when I made my grocery list I didn't buy any because I had a box in my cupboard. When I got them out to use, I was astonished that the golden raisins had turned black. I'm embarrassed to admit that the last time I used golden raisins was 2005. Yuck...they went in the trash.

I also turned the heat down on these to 350 and used my silicone muffin pans for the first time. I baked them about 25 minutes and they came out of those pans without any trouble. No grease needed.
Here they are:



5 comments:

Karen said...

Yum! They look good mom~

Barbara said...

Those look great! Glad your daughters liked them.

AmyRuth said...

They look very good. perfectly baked...I'll have to try out those silicone pans. You like them?
AmyRuth

Flourchild said...

I hope you see this Debbie..so sorry I left out the eggs in my pumkin bread recipe..thank you so much for bringing it to my attention. I did edit it and it is 3 eggs..I hope it's not to late for you to bake!

Debbie said...

Yes, Amyruth, I like the silicone pans. I've had them in my cupboard for at least 6 months and was afraid to use them because I threw away the directions. Until this recipe, I didn't know if I needed to grease and flour them. Now I know you don't need to and they came out of the pans like magic.