Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Sometimes I think we skip Thanksgiving and go straight to Christmas. We are doing that to a certain extent because our family will be here today but not on Christmas. I've been very busy this week decorating for Christmas and getting the tree up and my house all straightened up. I want to take some time to just reflect on what Thanksgiving means to me.

I'm thankful first for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. For without Him I am nothing. Next, I'm thankful for my wonderful family. My husband that supports me in all I do and loves me just second to Jesus. My four darling daughters and two wonderful sons-in-law, and my four precious grandchildren. We don't get to see them as often as we want, but they are always in our hearts and prayers.

In these tough economic times, I'm thankful that I have a job and a roof over my head, a soft bed to sleep in and food on the table. I know that there are many people going without and we need to share what we have with others. God has richly blessed me and my family and I thank Him for it.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: