When I started to think about this post, I thought I wanted to state my goals instead of making resolutions. Then I looked the words resolution and goals up in the dictionary and realized I can't have one without the other.
Resolution: 1) a resolving or determining;deciding 2) the thing determined upon; decision as to future action; resolve
Goal: 1)an object or end that one strives to attain; aim
So I am resolving to take charge of my life in the coming year. I have decided that I want to be healthy in all areas of my life, not just in weight loss. I am more than a number on the scale.
That being said, while I was waiting to see my doctor today, I was thinking about what I want out of my life and saw clearly the goals I need to have to get there.
1. I want to lose enough weight to get off all my medications. Right now I take a cholesterol pill and a pill for acid reflex. I want to be rid of those pills by Dec. 28, 2009.
2. I want to lose 71 lbs by Dec. 28, 2009.
3. To achieve that goal I need to lose approximately 6 lbs per month. That is a reachable goal.
4. I will reach my goal by journaling what I am eating and by getting at least 30 minutes of exercise 4 times a week.
5. I will reach my goal by enjoying my life through other means besides eating, like square dancing with my husband once a week, walking my dogs every day and breathing easier as my weight goes down.
6. I will reach my goals by attending my Weight Watcher meetings and by using the Weight Watcher web site and the Spark People web site to find like-minded individuals that will support me and seek my support.
I have decided and I will aim for the prize.