Thursday, December 04, 2008

{TWD}

I've made an important decision. I can no longer participate in TWD. I've had a wonderful time participating and everyone on this site is spectacular, but if I don't want to be looking at a diagnosis of diabetes, I have to quit baking and get this weight off. I've been gaining weight each week until two weeks ago when I started Weight Watchers again and even then I've only managed to take off 1.6 lbs in two weeks. I have to make healthier choices for myself and I just can't get pleasure from baking and giving it away. I want to eat it. I will keep reading the blog and maybe once in a while I will make something with you all and blog about it, but I don't expect to be kept on the list or to choose anything for everybody to make. Have a great time and I will comment on your blogs if that's okay.

7 comments:

Tel said...

Good for you. :) I LOVE making cupcakes but sometimes you have to give up certain things in order to reach other goals. At some point perhaps you can still bake the things you love but not partake. I look at baking as a type of therapy and everyone is happy when I give them my cupcakes. :) Good luck!

AmyRuth said...

Congratulations! You're getting a jump start on all the New Year's weight loss resolutions junkies. Way to go and I wish you the best. Once a TWD always a TWD. Its a fun therapy and when you share... all smiling eyes. Merry Christmas
AmyRuth

Eunice said...

Good for you, dear! I also have gained weight (its an emotional problem...but i'm still ok-sized..just not very stick thin!) and I too have to arrest this problem. I also think TWD is getting to be a little bit of a problem for me...but I will try to stay on, halve batches and have self control. Because I do want to eat healthy and lose weight!

Good luck and keep on visitng, you can go strong! We must keep each other accountable! :)

looove
eunice

(happy holidays!)

Kristin said...

Good luck to you! I will miss your TWD posts, but look forward to hearing your great weight loss success! You can do it!!

Maya said...

Good luck!

moonstrucky said...

Good luck! I left TWD for the same reason, and posted my last recipe today. It makes me sad to go because it's so much fun, but not getting diabetes (it runs in my family) is bigger motivation.

Barbara said...

Good for you for making your health a priority! I hope I speak for all the TWDer's when I say you're always welcome to stop by our blogs. I'll be stopping by yours! Very best wishes for your goals for 2009!