Friday, July 24, 2009

I love Quilting!

I just finished my first quilt top today and I'm rather proud of myself. I guess I'm proud of the fact that I really finished it. Now I can't wait to get it to the quilter so I can get it back and put the binding on.

I used to be one of those people that went into a quilt shop, saw a beautiful quilt on the wall for sale at a very expensive price and say, "I'd never pay that for a quilt!" Now I would because I finally understand the cost of the material you have in each quilt and all the time and work it takes to make that quilt. I really don't want to see any of my quilts taken to the beach or a picnic that's for sure. I hope they will be treated like potential heirlooms. Certainly, they will look wonderful on beds or hung up but I found out the hard way about not putting a quilt in a plastic bag. They should be stored in a cotton pillow case.

Here's a picture of my quilt:

2 comments:

Sue said...

Wow! Debbie! You should be proud of that! That is just beautiful! My first quilt was not that elaborate!!
Woohoo! Congratulations!!
You are right about all the work that goes into one of these things. People who don't quilt don't understand all the time and effort and expense!
Thank you so much for posting!

Karen said...

Beautiful mom!