Sunday, August 02, 2009

Hodgepodge of Random Thoughts

It's 5:15 am here. I'm up because I'm trying to reset my body clock. I start back to work in less than two weeks and I've been going to bed around midnight every night and getting up at around 7:30 am. When I go back to work, I have to be there at 5:45 so that means a 4:15 wake up call. Bedtime will be somewhere around 9pm. I'm starting now because it will take me a week to adjust. Bleech!!!

Yesterday was a mess. My van decided to break down in the McDonald's parking lot of all places. I called AAA and they sent someone out who said I needed a new battery and he would get the battery guy out there, test the battery, and if I really needed one they could sell me one for $120.00. Now I know I could get a battery for probably under $80.00, but I have no way home and I can't see myself walking in 100 degree heat to Kragen a mile away, purchasing a battery and walking another mile, uphill, carrying a 50lb battery. Then trying and failing to install it myself. I opted for the other tow truck driver with the batteries. Except that he got there, tested the battery, cleaned the battery terminals and jump started the van. He said I was good to go and just drive it to charge it up. Great, I saved myself $120.00!
I jump in the van and go do my banking at the drive thru, then proceed to drive my van around and the gauges start going nuts, the van acts like it is going to die and I end up at the dealership, paying $244.90 for a battery I could have got for $120.00! Why is it written in the stars that when you have the least amount of money, your car always breaks down...

On a lighter note, I'm really enjoying my quilting and I'm signed up to take a 2 day work shop at the end of August on actually doing my own quilting on my quilt instead of sending it out to be quilted. I'm trying to catch up on all my blocks before I go back to work and I want to start a Christmas lap quilt that I picked up a few weeks ago.

Now just to prove this is a random post, I will leave you with a picture.

1 comment:

homeschoolmommy said...

Yay, Mom, you are going to love quilting, its hard work, but its fun. Not Yay about the van though.