Saturday, November 07, 2009

BUSY, BUT FUN DAYS AHEAD

This morning I got up at 6 am with the thought in mind that I would finish my quilt block for my 1st Saturday QBM in Winters. Not happening. I cut the material out last night but for some reason, I just can't finish it right now. I have to be in Winters at 8:45 so I guess I have to pay this month. When I finish in Winters, I need to come home and make a grocery list and go grocery shopping. Yuk!

Saturday, Nov. 13th, darling daughters number 2 and 3 will be visiting us with #2's darling husband and two beautiful grandchildren and #3's boyfriend (that we haven't met yet). Darling daughter #4 will also be dropping in (since she still lives in the area)and we wish darling daughter #1 could also be here with her beautiful family. Since we will be having 3 of the four girls here, we are going to celebrate Thanksgiving on Sunday, the 14th. So I have a lot of cleaning , shopping and cooking to do in the next week. We are planning some fun things to do with the grandkids, like a trip to the Jelly Belly factory and baking Christmas cookies together. I want to take them to ride the carousel at the Nut Tree and I'm going to try to take them to see A Christmas Carol in 3D.

It will be a great time and I can't wait to get started.

2 comments:

Tealovinglady said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I know you've been looking forward to them coming for awhile now. That's great that almost all of you will be able to celebrate Thanksgiving together!

You will just have to get the others on the phone with you during your dinner and it will be like everyone is there around the table!

Sue said...

Enjoy the time with your girls!
I haven't done much quilting lately and seem to be in a slump. I have the material laying on my cutting table, but just don't have the gumption to get started on it. Too busy the past couple of weeks and when I sit down...I don't feel like quilting. Hope that doesn't last long.