Saturday, February 13, 2010

It Never Hurts to Have Silliness in Your Life

My daughter thinks I'm silly. She's right! I have a big silly bone in my body that I very seldom let come out. I think I will change that. Sometimes I get bogged down in the seriousness of life and forget that God gave me this life and I should live it to the fullest. Part of that is getting silly. I don't mean neglecting my responsibilites. That's stupidity. I mean just trying to see the little silly things in life and enjoy them. For those of you who didn't get my previous Squirrel post, that was a line from "Dances with Wolves" and it seemed pretty silly and appropriate for said Squirrel. It made me laugh. I hope after you said "Huh?" it made you laugh too.

3 comments:

Karen said...

You are absolutely right! It is great to be silly! :)

Sue said...

I agree with you Karen. It is good to just let loose and have some fun! Laughter is good medicine!

Hope all is well on your side of the country!

Andrea said...

Laughter is healing to the soul! Some of my favorite times are when I just let my hair down with my husband and grandchildren. We forget everything and just have fun!

It really is ok to be silly! The Lord gave us a sense of humor for a reason!

Blessings to you,

Andrea