Saturday, July 10, 2010

American Beauty-Double Delight

Oh my aching back! I've been working on a quilt block of the month for two days. It took me almost all day yesterday just to cut out two blocks and it took me almost all day today to sew one of them. It took so long because I had to take frequent breaks to rest my back because I need to be able to get on the train and go to Denver on Sunday. I get so knotted up when I'm sewing that sometimes I don't know why I do it. Then I look at the finished product and say to myself, "Oh that's why I do it." This block is called "Double Delight" and it has 49 pieces.  This is for a quilt called "American Beauty" and it is going to be beautiful when it's finished. We do one block a month with our local quilt shop, "A Quilted Heart" and the last block is done in January. I'm doing two of these quilts because my daughter Kim saw this and wanted the finished quilt. I loved it so much that I knew I had to do one for her and one for me.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful! :)

homeschoolmommy said...

I love it.

Sue said...

That is a beautiful block and I love the fabric you are using! I can't wait to see this one when it's done:)

I joined a BOM for the Civil War Tribute and I keep picking up my blocks, but haven't got a one done yet! Isn't that just awful! I'll get to them one day, I hope :)

Keep stitching!