Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Hmm! Hmm!

My mouth is very happy right now. A few days ago my darling daughter #1 won a pie contest with a Blueberry Pie recipe from Dorie Greenspan's book, "Baking From My House to Yours." I love pie and I hardly ever make it myself because it never turns out right. I was inspired by my daughter and since I have the same cookbook, I decided to give it a whirl. Dorie says the trick to a good pie crust is to make sure your butter and shortening are very cold, even frozen. Last night I cut my butter and shortening into small pieces and I froze them. Today when I was making the pie crust in the food processor, I was amazed at how easy the crust came together. The only downside of this pie is that some of it leaked out of the crust into my oven so I have to clean that tomorrow, but the pie was so worth it. Here's some pictures.




This is a definite keeper recipe.

2 comments:

homeschoolmommy said...

It looks great. Maybe I should make one while you are here.

Karen said...

It looks perfect mom!! :) Delicious!