Saturday, July 03, 2010

Kitchen Drawer

Why do I save the things I do in that special kitchen drawer, known as the junk drawer? I have one neat bundle in a gallon sized zip lock bag of directions for different household products, like my stove and refrigerator, my dishwasher , gas grill, Weber barbecue grill, bread machine, and a Showtime Rotissere Barbecue machine. Each time I find a nut, screw or bolt laying around it goes in the junk drawer because I don't know where it came from, but I will need it as soon as I throw it away. I have nails and a hammer in there and picture hangers, a barbecue lighter with no fluid and coupons that should have been thrown out 2 years ago. There is also a paint brush, allen wrenches, bag clips and pencils.

I never want to move out of my house because the sad fact is, this is just one drawer. I accumulate things that long ago outlived there usefulness and I have a hard time getting rid of it. Oh, I don't mean my house looks like the houses in that show "Hoarders", but we could all learn to live with less. I think I'm going to spend the rest of this year, using one day a week to sort and throw things away that I don't need anymore. I'm going to try to streamline my life.

2 comments:

homeschoolmommy said...

You can do it! (so your where I get my junk drawer from)

Karen said...

Yeah...I have a couple of junk drawers. The kids crayons and random toys find their way into the coffee table.