Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hot! Hot! Hot!

We have had a very strange spring and summer. Our spring was pretty mild, but we had some 100 degree temperatures in the end of March. That in itself is strange but then we went almost the whole summer with temps ranging from the low 70s to the mid 90s. I think we only had one day this summer that reached 100. Vacaville weather is just not like this. Normally in July we get long stretches of 100 degree weather.

Today the hot weather came roaring back. My bus is not air conditioned and I felt so sorry for my kids because I know I felt like I was going to spontaneously combust. When I got in my car this afternoon, the thermometer said 107. The news reported that we made it to 105 but I believe my thermometer. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 105, but this weekend they are predicting low to mid 70s. Go figure.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Welcome to summer! :) It has been hot and we are praying for cooler weather!