Monday, August 16, 2010

I've got the Printer Blues

Remember my nice new all in one Photosmart Printer I told you about last week? I took it back to the store tonight to get a refund. Staples was great and gave me my refund but I'm frustrated because now I have no printer, no scanner, no nothing. The printer worked fine until today, one week after I bought it. The scanner wouldn't work and I kept getting error messages. I called Hp support and they were very helpful but I was short on time and we couldn't figure out if it was the hardware or the software. I didn't have time to unistall the software before I went back to work. Hp agreed to call me back at 5:30 pm and when I talked to Francis he informed me that I should just get a replacement. I said, "I've only had this printer a week and I need to replace it?" He said, "Our records show that you have had the printer since May 2010. Gee, that's really funny because I'm staring at my receipt that says I bought this last Monday on August 9, 2010! I distinctly remember going into Staples and purchasing said printer. He said, "I believe you so just take the printer back to Staples and I will give you a deal on the same printer, ink, photo paper and a three year warranty and it will save you $34.00 from what you paid Staples or I can send you a replacement printer. I asked if it was a refurbished replacement and he admitted that it was, but if I took back the printer I would get a new one. I said okay, call me back at 8:30 pm. Then I proceeded to get all the printer stuff together and took it all back to Staples.

When I got back home I realized that I had put the printer on my charge card and they were refunding my charge card, but it can take several days to do that. I didn't want to go overboard on my card so when Francis called me back, I told him I needed to wait a few days before I purchase the new printer. He's going to call me back on Saturday. So no printer probably for two weeks until all is said and done.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Frustrations!
Have you seen the NeatDesk scanner? It's not a printer, but boy it sure is something to see. I wish it had print capabilities too. You can see it here at this link:http://www.neatco.com/ It's something I am thinking about for the future though as I am in the market for one of those small portable printers. Those are neat too:)
Anyway, I hope you can get your printer soon. I can't live without mine since I started using inklingo for my quilting. I love using inklingo and don't know how I got by without it!