Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Working Hard for the Money

The past two days I have spent about 5 hours working on my school bus route. School starts tomorrow and I think most of us will be flying by the seat of our pants. It's going to be a fun, wild and woolly school year. I never thought I would see the day when I might not have a job as a school bus driver, but cutbacks are everywhere. In the last two years I've lost two hours a day off my route, but at least I still have a job. Last year we lost 10 drivers through cutbacks and this year we lost our assistant transportation supervisor who was a big help to our supervisor. We lost all of our home to school transportation for regular ed kids and now we are just busing special needs kids.

Right now I can't dwell on this stuff because tomorrow I have to go do my job to the best of my ability and remember it's for the kids. My attitude will rub off on them, so I'm going to start this school year with the best, most positive attitude I can have.

No comments: