Monday, September 06, 2010

Hitting the Gym

I got a call the other day informing me that I had won a 1 month membership to Gold's Gym for myself and my immediate family members. I decided I would give it a try with my husband and youngest daughter. We signed up on Friday and I started on Saturday. First I did thirteen minutes on an elliptical machine that kicked my butt! This machine starts out with a stepping motion and then you get into your stride. It was really hard and I did work up a sweat. After that I did 15 minutes on a stationary bike and then I was just done. I felt proud of myself that I had worked up enough nerve to walk in there on my own and do anything. We didn't go yesterday but this morning we got there about 7:45am because darling hubby had a 1 hour appointment with a trainer. While he worked out, I did the 20 minutes on a stationary bike and another 15 on the treadmill. I tried the elliptical again but gave up after about 2 minutes. I have an appointment tomorrow with a trainer for a 1 hour session. Gulp! I hope that goes okay.

The one good thing about Gold's Gym is that I saw a lot of people my age or older there. Your membership also includes use of the pool, which has free swim as well as water aerobics and other water classes. You also have spin classes, yoga, tai chi, kickboxing and a lot of other classes included in your membership.

Hubby and I have made a commitment to lose 5 lbs during this free month and go to the gym at least 4 days a week. If we keep up that commitment, we will evaluate at the end of the month whether to join or not. Wish us luck.

No comments: