Saturday, September 25, 2010

National Alpaca Farm Day

I had a very interesting day today. Lots of miscommunication, but lots of fun. I started the day by taking lovely daughter #4 to work at 8am and driving to Nugget Market to get some things for my first French Fridays with Dorie recipe. As I started to get out of the car, my cell phone rang. It was lovely daughter #4 asking me to pick her up because she was not supposed to start work until 10 am. I drove back to her work place, picked her up and drove back to Nugget. I quickly finished my shopping and went home to take in the groceries. I was supposed to meet my friend at the quilt store at 10 am but first I had to drop lovely daughter #4 back at her job. I got her there at 9:55 and proceeded to drive to the quilt store when I noticed that I needed gas. (I WONDER WHY!) I stopped for gas and drove to the quilt store. I arrived 20 minutes late and my friend had already made her purchases. I picked up a grab bag of cloth and got in line. While we were there my friend got a phone call and it was her son needing rescue because his truck broke down. She went to help him and I was confused about when we would meet again to go to the Alpaca Farm.

I decided to see if my hairdresser could work me in for a haircut but she wasn't in her shop and I didn't want to wait. I drove to the factory outlets in our town so I could look for a 9 1/2 inch tart pan that I needed. I ended up at Kitchen Collectibles and quickly found just what I wanted. I paid for my purchase and drove back home. I had left my cell phone in the charger and when I picked it up, there was a message from my friend that she was in the neighborhood and did I still want to go to the Alpaca Farm. I called her back and we were soon on the road, along with her little grandson, to visit the Alpacas.

I love this hairstyle!

This is a mother and week old baby.


Pretty week old baby.



I thought this one had a very pretty face.

This one was less than an hour old. It had just started to take some very wobbly steps.

Even though it was a confusing day, it turned out all right and I had a great time.


2 comments:

Karen said...

What fun! :) Glad it turned out to be a good day!

Marion said...

Thank you for the lovely photos of the alpaca...the babies are so cute!

Even with all the miscommunications, I'm really glad you had a good day!