Friday, September 24, 2010

Yippee, It's the Weekend!

I'm starting to live for my weekends. It was a long week at work. Friday nights I feel the life seeping back into my body. Tomorrow I'm meeting one of my friends at  "A Quilted Heart" to partake of their annual sidewalk sale. After that bit of delight, we are going to visit a couple of Alpaca Farms for National Alpaca Farm Days.

I'm also going to be on the hunt for a 9 1/2 inch tart pan and a growing list of supplies for my first two French Fridays with Dorie recipes. I've got a few ideas for a special dinner I'm going to cook up for hubby tomorrow night, using my new Paula Deen cast iron, porcelain 7 qt. casserole. It involves chicken, fennel, onion, potatoes, carrots, olive oil, lots of garlic and I think some herbs de provence.

If I get time from all this running around, I might try to start quilting a quilt I put together last year and there is always the book I'm reading by Marlena de Blais, "That Summer in Sicily: A Love Story."

No comments: