Friday, October 29, 2010

FFWD: Marie-Helene's Apple Cake

So it's time for French Fridays with Dorie once again. About 900 people are all cooking on Fridays from Dorie Greenspan's new book, "Around My French Table." We post on our blogs about it and it's really a lot of fun. Any one interested in joining can check out the link on my web page.

This week we baked Marie-Helene's Apple Cake. This was the simplest recipe which I can't post here. Buy the book, it's worth it and beautiful. This cake was a slice of heaven. I adapted it so I could use my 9 inch spring form pan. I didn't have an 8" pan. I think this may replace my apple pie at Thanksgiving.



5 comments:

Tia said...

mmm those chunks of apple look divine! Buttercreambarbie

Marion said...

Oh! No kidding...I have to look up this recipe. This would replace my apple pie, as well, it looks soooo good! Enjoy!!

The whole thing sounds like so much fun!!

lifeisfull said...

Your cake is nice and tall. What changes did you make?

Karen said...

Looks perfect mom! :) Now I just have to get around to making it. Pretty pictures!

Debbie said...

For a 9" spring form pan I used 1 cup +2 TBS flour, 1 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/8 tsp. salt, 4 apples, 3 lg. eggs, 1 cup + 2 Tbs sugar, 5 TBs dark rum, 3/4 tsp. vanilla, 12 Tbs of unsalted butter.