Sunday, October 03, 2010

In Memoriam: Frankie Valli Brown October 3, 2010

I just got home from the UC Davis Small Animal Clinic where we took Frankie to help him over the Rainbow Bridge. We got Frankie almost 3 years ago from NorCal Boxer Rescue after our female boxer, Gigi, crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Frankie was the male version of Gigi. They were both really sweet dogs, that loved children and were a source of joy every day of their lives.

Frankie started having seizures yesterday and they continued through the night. Since he was about 13 years old we knew the time had come to help him on his way. The vet said that probably his heart was not pumping enough blood to his brain and we were doing the right thing. He died peacefully in my arms and he will be remembered forever.


4 comments:

homeschoolmommy said...

I'm sorry, mom. He was such a sweet dog.

Karen said...

He was a really a sweet dog mom. :( I'm sorry he had to go.

Tealovinglady said...

Oh Debbie! I'm so sorry! All of this was going on when you were getting ready to go on your vacation? Frankie will be missed by me also as he was a sweet old soul.

Marion said...

I'm sorry to hear about Frankie, Debbie. He looks like such a sweet dog...my thoughts are with you.