Saturday, October 30, 2010

It Happened Again!

This morning at Costco the person checking my receipt said, "How are you doing SIR." I happen to be a 58 year old white woman with a 44 DDD bra size! How does this happen? Not only how does this happen but why does it keep happening to me. Is it because I'm tall? I'm 5'9". Is it because I have a short hair cut? (That's woman short not a buzz cut.) This happens about twice a month to me. Always when I'm shopping and no matter what kind of store I'm in. I don't have a deep voice and I just don't get it. It makes me mad and it's very demoralizing.

I think it's because we don't really look at people anymore. People need to look people in the eye. Look at me. I'm not invisible. I know that when you're  in a store the people helping you are busy, but when this happens, I just want to leave what ever I'm purchasing on the counter and walk out. Maybe that's exactly what I will do next time.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! That is crazy! You are obviously not manly! People are crazy and I think you are right. We as a society don't look at each other..you go, with the leaving the purchase and walking out.

Marion said...

I would leave my purchases on the counter, if it happened again. How very unmannerly not to look at a person! Time the cashiers learned that, no matter how busy they are, customers are the most important.