Saturday, November 06, 2010

FFWD: Pumpkin Gorgonzola Flans


This month at French Fridays with Dorie we could decide what order we wanted to make our dishes. I decided on the Pumpkin Gorgonzola Flans. This time of year I just crave anything with pumpkin. It is a real comfort food for me and I don't really know why. This recipe was a breeze to fix and it tasted wonderful. I loved it. Darling Daughter complained about the cheese and hubby hasn't tasted it yet. I don't know if he will because he doesn't care for anything pumpkin. I used a little creme fraiche and a drizzle of honey on the top and it was crazy good.


Head on over French Fridays with Dorie to check out how other people did this recipe. Better yet buy Dorie Greenspan's book "Around My French Table" and cook along with us.

7 comments:

Steph said...

Your flans look great! I just pulled mine out of the oven to post for next week. Can't wait to eat them!

Flourchild said...

I can say comfort food! This looks so good. I made the chicken and he P.G. tonight for dinner. Both recipes are a winner. Im making this and the cake next! I can't wait to taste this..

scrambledhenfruit said...

Yours look yummy! I did this recipe as well, and I was surprised that I liked it so much. :) I drizzled mine with honey too, which I think really brought out the flavors.

Karen said...

I guess I will have to try this. Maybe I can half the recipe though so we can all just have a taste...

luciacara said...

Good to know it was so easy! These are next on my list.

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

I wanna make these sooonnn too!!
Love the Creame F atop with honey!

Tealovinglady said...

Those look delicious!! I love pumpkin and gorgonzola so I think they'd be great!