Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Day After Chrismas

I want to wish all my friends a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Blessed New Year. We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Money wise and gift wise we scaled back a lot but it didn't matter because we had family here to share our day. Sometimes I think we get carried away with the gift giving and forget the true meaning of Christmas and the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. I hope everybody had a wonderful day yesterday with their family and friends.
Now just a few pics from Christmas dinner. You won't see any family pics except maybe my hubby and daughter because the rest of the family is a bit shy and I am respecting their privacy. We had a great time with them anyway.


Lucky, the biggest ham in the family.

My turkey reminds me of a resting sunbather, with his wing behind what would have been his head.


Who cares what else you have for dinner as long as you have Turkey and Apple Pie.


Oh, and a little fudge!


My darling hubby showing off the Christmas table.

Now that the feasting is over, it's back on Weight Watchers today.

3 comments:

Sue said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas. We did too, and I couldn't agree more that sometimes we tend to get carried away with the hustle and bustle of the holidays and forget why we celebrate.
Our family has scaled way back on gift giving too. We just get one gift each for the kids now and they usually give to us...though we don't expect them to. Being with those that you love is so much more important to me.

Have a wonderful New Year!

Hugs to you cousin,
Sue

Marion said...

I have a dog called Lucky as well; he enjoyed a bit of our turkey last night as well as us.

It sounds like you had a warm, loving family Christmas. Your fudge looks amazing! I wish mine looked half as good.

I hope you have a wonderful New Year!!

Karen said...

Haha! Sunbathing turkey! :) I am glad you had a good Christmas. We did too but it was really really quiet.