Tuesday, December 21, 2010

FFWD: Potato Leek Soup

Here is another French Fridays with Dorie recipe. Go to the site to see how about 1000 other cooks did this recipe. I loved this recipe and it was a hit with my hubby as well. It was simple, quick and delicious. I added sliced fennel with my leeks and onions and then topped it with some smoked Gruyere cheese and homemade croutons with rosemary. This is a keeper.

This is what the soup looked like at the start of the cooking time. I also used 1% milk in mine because we are trying to lose weight around here. It was just fine and  I think rich enough with the chicken broth I also used.


The finished soup. I used my immersion blender to blend it up. We will definitely have this again.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yours looks really good. Mine looked gross. Love your croutons though! :)

Sue said...

Wow. your soups look so good.

Wishing you and your husband a very Merry Christmas!

Hugs