Friday, April 15, 2011

Yippee! Friday Night Sew-In is here!

I was sewing tonight with virtual friends from Handmade by Heidi. Check out my link to her blog on my blog. I really like this idea because it's helping me get some of those unfinished projects done. Tonight I worked on my Block of the Month for Fairfield's Cornerstone Quilt Shoppe. We are making the Starry Night quilt from Swirly Girl.
First I put my squares together and drew a diagonal line and then I sewed a 1/4 inch on either side of the line.
Then I cut my triangles apart.

Next, I pressed my triangles open and cut off the little dog ears and then laid out my pattern before I began sewing.
Here is the finished block-all ready for tomorrow.

Thanks Heidi. I can't wait for the next Friday Night Sew-In.

5 comments:

Sue said...

And it's lovely! I need to sit in on these 'Friday night sew-ins'. I 'll check out Heidi's blog! Thanks and have a great weekend, cousin!

Impera_Magna said...

Very nice... love all the blues!

shez said...

very nice Debbie,lovely colours

Kathy T. said...

Great block - love those colors together!

Mary Ann & Mother said...

Love your block - it has an Amish look to it with the black - absolutely love it!