Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weight Watchers 5K Challange

Today was the Weight Watchers 5K Challenge. If you walked or ran the 5K, at the completion you got a nifty 5K charm to put on your 10% goal key chain. I wanted that charm. Really, really bad. I got up at 6am and had breakfast and then darling hubby and I were off to the challenge. We had about 50-75 people show up from our meeting and other meetings and we started off promptly at 8am.

I have to say that I didn't do much training for this event and I had some fear that I wouldn't be able to finish it, but it was so much fun. I walked with my friend, Corinne and we had a great time talking while we walked. Darling hubby drove to several points on the walk so he could cheer me on and before I knew it we had done more than half of the walk. Right before we hit half-way, we had a very steep hill to climb. We got through that and started back down. Darling hubby again drove to certain points and cheered us on. I was really surprised at how good I felt at the end. I had some pain but not much and I've been fine tonight. I stretched after the walk and took a warm shower when I got home so hopefully I won't be too sore tomorrow. Here's some pictures:
Pat, me and Corinne

Barbara and Sabrina

Right before we got started.


1 comment:

Gnomie said...

Way to go!