Friday, July 15, 2011

The Postcrossing Project

About a year ago, I heard about the Postcrossing Project from my darling daughter in Colorado. We were visiting her and I noticed a big map of the world on her wall with pins stuck in it. When I asked her about it, she told me it was a project that she was doing with my grand kids for geography. She home schools and she is always coming up with cool things that will teach the kids something. She had found this web site http://www.postcrossing.com and had decided to join. She thought I would enjoy it.

When you register on the web site, you can send 5 postcards to 5 random addresses that they give you. The cards are sent all over the world. When the person you sent a card to, registers that card on the web site then you go to the top of the list and someone sends you a random card.

I've often thought that we are getting so used to e-mail, texting on our phones, and being on the computer that we are losing our ability to have personal relationships. When I get a card in the mail and I see the other person's actual handwriting it makes me feel good. I've gotten cards from all over now and I will continue to do this for a long time.

The Postcrossing Project just had their 6th anniversary yesterday. I advise anyone that thinks they might like this to check it out.

1 comment:

Tealovinglady said...

It's interesting to see where all your postcards come from. That's pretty cool!