Thursday, December 29, 2011

Looking Back, Looking Ahead

2011 has been a very challenging year for us. I am a big believer that every thing happens for a reason and that God is in control of my life. I don't think I could have made it through this year thinking any other way. The biggest thing we had to face was my hubby being ill. He had a bad case of kidney stones and after having surgery for their removal, he had every complication he could have. Losing your health puts everything in perspective about what's really important. After four months on disability, my husband regained his health and I got some of my sanity back...

In August we lost my dear mother-in-law and we miss her very much. We also were forced to downsize from our house to a one bedroom apartment. The blessing in disguise is that my husband and I really do like each other as well as love each other : ) We look around and we see so many hurting people and we feel blessed to still have each other, a roof over our head and food on our table.

2012 will bring more big changes to us. Hubby will be retiring in March and I will retire in June. We plan to move to Colorado shortly after my retirement to be closer to one of our daughters and two of our grandchildren. It will be a much different place than California but we are ready for and embrace the change.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Debbie, I am so sorry for all that you've gone through this past year and I do hope that the new year brings many blessings for you and your husband. I am glad his health is much better for him too.

There is much to be thankful for even in the midst of life's trials yet it is never easy going through them.

I wish you God's blessings,
Sue