Thursday, July 19, 2012

Fort Collins Food Scene and Home Cooking

We moved to Fort Collins about three weeks ago and have been exploring the food scene here. I've been told Fort Collins has more restaurants per capita than any where in the United States. I can believe it. We've seen just about every ethnic kind of restaurant you could ever want. There are the standard chain restaurants, like Perkins, Village Inn, The Egg and I, and so on. They all have good food at reasonable prices. Then there   are the more upscale places like Beau Jo's Pizza, Choice City Butcher and Deli, Bluebird Cafe, and La Creperie. 
Here are some pictures of some of the meals we've had since we got here:

This was the best burger I have ever had. It is actually a buffalo burger with cheese and bacon ground into the meat and topped with Balsamic grilled onions and what tasted like Thousand Island Dressing. The cup of French Onion soup was a side and was very tasty, too. We got this at Choice City Butcher and Deli.

Fried Pickles at Texas Roadhouse

Best Grilled Corn at Loveland Loves Barbecue
Oops forgot to take the picture until it was gone!
Funnel Cake at Loveland Loves Barbecue

I'm afraid we have been seduced by all the food choices here in Fort Collins, so today I decided to cook at home. We are finally getting settled in our new home and I think I've finally found all my kitchen gadgets. I made a Chicken and Leek Pot Pie from a recipe I found in Cooking Light Magazine. It was real comfort food with no presevatives and everything fresh. Since I haven't been cooking much lately, I think I had lost some of my cooking confidence. Tonight's dinner makes me see that I can have a healthy, homey dinner on the table in no time at all. Here's a picture or two:









































No comments: