Friday, July 13, 2012

Quilt Colorado and Loveland Loves Barbecue

My daughter and I went to Quilt Colorado this morning and saw the most amazing quilts. This first one won Best In Show and for good reason. This was a huge quilt and the quilting on the back was as beautiful as the quilting on the front.



This was the center of the quilt and the whole thing was breathtaking.

I also loved this Celtic Knot quilt. 


We spent about two hours at this quilt show and really enjoyed each quilt. They also had an Alzheimer's wall of quilts that made me think of my grandfather and made me cry. It was very moving. They wouldn't allow pictures of those quilts so I have none to show you, but if you ever hear of it coming to your town, I would recommend you go see it.

After we left the quilt show, we went back to my daughter's house and picked up the grand kids and my darling hubby and went to Loveland Loves Barbecue. We purchased tokens and then walked around to the booths trying samples and finally settled on a barbecued chicken sandwich for hubby, pulled pork sandwich for granddaughter, a rib for the grandson and my daughter and I had the best grilled corn I've ever tasted.
Sorry, I forgot to take a picture before I took my first bite, and then who cared about pictures!
Here's my daughter and her dad enjoying the funnel cake and deep fried snickers bar.


We had a great time and we're looking forward to more fun times with the family.




No comments: