Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Devotion

I was reading my Bible this morning and the word devotion came to my mind. I started to think about what does that word really mean to me. The dictionary says: devotion-1. profound dedication; consecration. 2. earnest attachment to a cause, person, etc. 3. an assignment or appropriation to any purpose, cause, etc: the devotion of one's wealth and time to scientific advancement. 4. Often, devotions, Eccles. religious observance or worship; a form of prayer or worship for special use.

Lately, I haven't been devoted to God. He is the one I need to have "an earnest attachment to" and I'm afraid He has been a low priority on my list. This is upside down thinking. He needs to be at the top. He needs to be my everything. When He is my everything, everything else falls into place. My relationship with my husband, children and grandchildren is always better when He is at the top. No matter how many times I've walked away from Him, He's always there for me, calling me home. I just need to stop and listen....

1 comment:

Sue said...

Amen! Such a great word and leaving all of us something to ponder.