Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year 2013

First, I apologise Karen, for being so unimaginative that I used your title for my blog post. Happy New Year everybody! My darling daughter, Karen, inspired hubby and me when her family gave up McDonald's for an entire year. Since both hubby and I are trying to lose weight we have decided to give up all fast food but Subway. We figure we better leave ourselves at least one place to get a quick meal and Subway will always work out with our Weight Watcher regime. I feel like this will not only save calories but money, too.

Instead of resolutions, I'm trying to think in terms of goals for 2013. In addition to weight loss, I have a goal of finishing a lot of quilt projects that have been languishing on my cutting table and work area for the last six months. It's also our priority to meet new people and develop some lasting friendships. We will accomplish this by getting back into church and taking square dancing lessons again. We want to spend more time with all of our grandchildren and that will involve some traveling, but we will make it happen.

Also, it's my personal goal to listen carefully, think before speaking and be slow to anger. That is going to take effort and concentration on my part, but it's very important to me that I hone these character traits. I think it's going to be a great year. I hope you all have a great year.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Well, of course you did steal my title for the holiday everyone in the world was celebrating.. ;) I think I will live. :) Your goals sound great and you have a plan on how to accomplish them. That is the first step!