Saturday, January 05, 2013

Weight Watchers Update # 1

This has been a really good week for me on Weight Watchers. I lost 5 lbs, but more than the weight, I've gained a sense of confidence that I can really do this. The secret to my success this week was tracking every bite I ate, no matter how pretty or ugly it was. I have to confess that I celebrated my 16th week on Weight Watchers today, but I feel it's taken me 16 weeks to finally commit to this program. When I joined the end of September 2012, I did it because I knew the holidays were coming up and I didn't want to weigh even more at the end of December. I have to admit that for 16 weeks I played around with the program and really didn't commit. I lost weight, but not more than 7 lbs and it was a lose one week, gain the next kind of yo yo.

This week is a fresh start for me. With the Weight Watchers 360 program, I'm learning to develop new routines and habits. Two of the new routines that  I've been working on for the past several weeks are, wearing my ActiveLink every day and eating breakfast every day. This week I'm trying to get more active, so I'm adding the routine of getting up and walking for 5 minutes every hour. I'm trying to focus on a 1 lb weight loss per week. It's not how fast I do this that is important. The important thing is to do it!

Anais Nin said, "It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before...to test your limits...to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

Here's to blossoming!


1 comment:

homeschoolmommy said...

Awesome Mom! Good Job!