Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Activity Points and Tired Bodies

I am mind numbingly, bone tired tonight. Mike and I got up at 5am this morning to be at the senior center by 6am. Our local parks department comes out with The Recreator once every three months with all kinds of classes and trips. Fort Collins has several recreation centers around the city which includes the senior center. If you're a member of the senior center you can sign up for said classes  and trips two days before open  enrollment. When I went to my water aerobics class last night, I stopped by the front desk and asked if people were at the senior center by 6:30 am when they could start enrolling in classes. I was assured that it would be very busy and that people would be in line at 6 am.

We actually got to  the senior center at 5:45 am. Guess what we were the only nut jobs in the parking lot! The senior center  did open at 6:00 am and I guess we had someone else amble in about 6:45. They wouldn't let us sign up for anything until 7am.  I was the first one in line and got us signed  up for a little anniversary trip to Glenwood Springs, Colorado, Moab, Utah and Arches National Park. Our  anniversary is in March. The trip is the last  week in August. I also got two tickets to the Giants/Rockies game at Coors field in Denver for May 19. I gave those to Mike for his birthday.

Next stop was Bible Study at church at 8:30. That lasted until 12:00pm, and then we came home. I fixed  lunch and we sat around like zombies until 4pm when we both finally gave in and took naps until 5:30. Then we beat it out the door to square dancing class. We were so tired at the class that we kept messing up and I was very frustrated. We just kept trying though and everything came out right by the last dance.
I ended up with 3 exercise  points on my pedometer and 4466 steps taken today. My active link gave me one exercise point. I have to go to bed now cause I can't typeeeeeee anymoreeee.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sounds like fun Mom! :)