Saturday, February 23, 2013

Back Pain and My Remedy

If you've been reading my  blog, you know I am trying to lose weight. I lost 2 lbs this week for a total of  12.4 since the beginning of January. I've been trying to get more exercise by going to water aerobics three times a week and taking square dancing lessons, twice a week for two hours at a time.

The main draw back  to my exercise plans is the fact that I have not had a pain free day in 18 months. My back has hurt me every single day and I finally realized that I needed to do something about it. I don't know why I let it go so long other than the fact that I thought it would get better on it's own.
I finally found a great chiropractor in my area and I've had three treatments this week.  I'm still having some pain, but now it's more of the soreness that comes from being adjusted. When the doctor examined me, he said,"Know wonder you're in pain, your spine is like a C." My hips were out of alignment and my husband said that when he straightened my legs, one was shorter by almost an inch. After three treatments I feel like I've grown two inches, I'm standing up straighter, my balance is better and believe it or not, I haven't had any acid reflex. I believe in chiropractic and this chiropractor.  I will be going to him as long as I need to and then at least once a month for maintenance. I feel like I'm living again.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yay! Glad you are feeling better!

Shaunna Schumacher said...

Glad to hear that you've found a way to alleviate your back pain. I've tried chiropractic before, but now I do inversion therapy. It's just like a regular exercise, which is proven to be good for the back. It's simple too as it lets gravity do all the work. Anyway, just continue what you're doing to ease your back pain.

-Shaunna Schumacher