Monday, August 05, 2013

Cleaning Up at the Larimer County Fair

I went out to the Larimer County Fair today to see my quilt that I entered. This is the first time I've entered the fair and I'm excited to say I won third place in my category. I did all the piecing on this quilt and my daughter, Kim, did the quilting and binding. "Women of Courage"
Kim won 2nd place for her "Minglewood" quilt.
Kim also won 1st place for her Linda Hibbert paper pieced wall hanging.
My 12 year old granddaughter, Heather, won 1st place and Reserve Grand Champion for her paper pieced wall hanging of a lighthouse.

She also won 1st place for one of her photographs, "Wagon Wheel".
 She also won Grand Champion for her drawing of a fashion show.
My grandson also entered a Lego movie camera he made with a real camera inside.
  

My son-in-law entered a photograph.
My daughter entered a letterboxing stamp she carved.
And oh yeah, did I forget to mention I won third place for "Women of Courage" har har!
The fair was a lot of fun and I can't wait to enter it next year!

3 comments:

homeschoolmommy said...

Your granddaughter won reserve champion and champion not grands on either of them. :-)

Debbie said...

She'll always be grand to me!

Pam said...

Boy, you have a talented family!