Saturday, March 01, 2014

It's Snowing...Again!

It's snowing. I am officially over snow! I can't wait until spring and to see green grass and flowers again. We've had lots of snow this year but with the exception of about two weeks, where we were below zero temps and two feet of snow that just wouldn't melt, we've had it pretty easy. The problem is that we get into the 40s or 50s and everything melts and you think it's going to be spring and then the next day you have more snow. It hangs around for a couple of days and then repeats the process. Snow makes me tired. I feel like a bear that just wants to hibernate. I don't even have enough energy to take pictures of the stuff anymore. When we moved into our house in July, we had this beautiful yard with two big trees, rose bushes and other landscape bushes around the yard. It was lovely. Now it looks brown and dead. I know when spring comes the landscape will blossom again and it will be beautiful. Renewed. When that happens, the snow will fade from my memory and along about November I'll  be wishing for that first magical snowfall and the beautiful lights in downtown Fort Collins. Darling Hubby says, "That's one of us."

1 comment:

scrambledhenfruit said...

I hope that some springtime weather has finally found you! It has warmed up a little bit here, but we had frost last week. I can't wait to be able to plant my garden. BTW...Your quilting is gorgeous! :)