Thursday, July 23, 2015

21 days on the Road Again

Well, we just got home from our second epic road trip. Last year we did letterboxing all the way across the Midwest. This year I visited quilt shops to participate in the Row by Row Experience. This goes on until Sept. 5th and all 50 states are participating this year. If you go to rowbyrowexperience.com, you can click on the Start Here button and you will get a page with license plates on it. One for each state. You click on the state you are interested in, and it will bring up a page with the name and address of every quilt shop in the state that is participating in Row by Row. The premise is, you collect a pattern or kit from eight different quilt shops, put them together in a quilt, have it bound, quilted and a label on it and return to any quilt shop with it. If you are the first to bring your quilt in you win 25 fat quarters and if you use the row from the shop you take the quilt into, you usually win a second prize from that shop. Patterns are given out free, kits and licence plates you have to buy. It's a good thing I had been saving my money because I came home with 32 kits and 23 license plates! I can make a really big quilt with those, but I doubt I will have it done by the time the contest is over in September.

We had a really great trip. We took our 14 year old granddaughter with us and had so much fun with her. We drove from Colorado to Michigan in two days and spent a couple of  days with my brother and sister-in-law, then drove to Gladwin, Michigan to spend another 3 days with my dad and mom. After that we drove to Nashville, Tn in one day and spent 9 days with my daughter and her husband and our other two beautiful grandkids.  When we left there we took 5 nights and 6 days to get home to Colorado. We took  Hwy 80 out to Michigan and took Hwy 40 home. We spent some time on the old route 66 and had a blast. I haven't had time to download pictures yet but next week I hope to have another post  about this trip with pictures. In the meantime, look up 2014 Epic Road Trip Day one through Day Twelve.

No comments: